There’s plenty to do while you’re in the area for the Oil Region Cycling Classic!
Franklin will serve as the Hub for this event and all of our trail communities are anxious to welcome all the ORCC participants! There will be entertainment and events available Thursday through Sunday in the communities of Franklin, Oil City, and Emlenton, as well as a Meet & Greet on Friday at the Franklin Elks Lodge 110. Gift coupons will also be available for ORCC participants for some of Franklin’s popular downtown restaurants and unique retail shops. Questions can be directed to: email@example.com
- Thursday Night Concert in the Park (Franklin) – Free concert downtown in Bandstand Park. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. For more info visit http://franklinpa.gov/calendar/viewevent/3063
- Franklin Blues and Barbecue Festival Saturday and Sunday in Bandstand Park (Franklin) – For more info visit www.franklinareachamber.org/events/details/franklin-blues-and-bbq-festival-5043
- Friday Night concerts and al fresco dining at Benjamin’s Roadhouse and Bella Cucina (Franklin)
Local attractions include:
- DeBence Antique Music Museum (Franklin) – See and hear over 100 old-time automatic musical instruments! Tues. – Sat. 11 am – 4 pm, Sun. 12:30 – 4 pm. For more info visit www.debencemusicworld.org/index.php/visit
- St. John’s Tiffany Window Tours (Franklin) – See the complete set of original Tiffany windows. Self-guided tours available daily 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (except during services.) For more info visit www.stjohnsfranklin.org/#/tours
- Venango Museum of Art, Science & Industry (Oil City) – Open 10 am – 4 pm Friday – Sunday. Visit the Black Gold or Black Magic display and enjoy the special exhibit “Boats, Trains, Trucks and Planes – Icons of the Fossil Fuel Era.” Tell them you’re participating in the ORCC and they will take $1 off your admission price!
- “Form” Art Exhibit – Graffiti Gallery (Oil City) – For gallery info visit www.graffitigalleryoc.org
- Pumping Jack Museum (Emlenton) – Displaying the unique heritage of Emlenton and the surrounding area, including the early oil fields, refineries, and farms. For more info visit www.pumpingjack.org
- The classic musical “Beauty and the Beast” – Barrow-Civic Theatre (Franklin) – For info visit www.barrowtheatre.com
- Arts in the Park – Justus Park (Oil City) – Fri. June 16, 5 pm – 10 pm. Food vendors, live music with Hanna, Williamson & Schick beginning at 7:30 pm, and a spectacular view of the Allegheny River! Bring a lawn chair or blanket. This event is sponsored by the Oil City Arts & Cultural Commission. Learn more at http://www.oilcity.org/arts-council or call 814-678-3017 for more information.
- Art Inside PA Tour (Oil City) – Sat. June 17 & Sun. June 18, 10 am – 5 pm. A self-guided tour of over 20 participating art locations and artists’ studios in and around Oil City. Start at the Art Inside event headquarters at 42 Seneca Street to get the tour book and preview of each participating artist….many of the locations are within walking (or pedaling) distance! Free and open to the public. Learn more at www.artinsidepa.com
- Bike Rodeo – Justus Park (Oil City) – Sat. June 17, 11am – 1pm. Free bicycle safety event for kids ages 5 – 10; parent or guardian must be present. Bring your bike and helmet, and come ready for fun! Brought to you by the Venango County Sheriff’s Department.
- Oil City Officers Down 5K/2K & Community Day (Oil City) – Sat. June 17, 4pm – ? 1400 West First Street. Food, live music, dunk-a-cop, a K-9 demonstration, family activities, and more. Races include Glow Run, Glow Walk, Kids Fun run and Virtual Run. The Officers Down 5K celebrates officers who put their lives on the line daily to keep our communities safe and honor those who have fallen in the line of duty. Learn more at http://www.runsignup.com and search Oil City.